Security guard electrocuted

Security guard electrocuted

A security guard working at a coffee joint in Basaveshwara Layout was electrocuted on Monday morning, when he went to the rainwater-filled basement of the building to switch on a generator.

Gopal, 30, a native of Chittoor in Andhra Pradesh, had joined the coffee shop a month ago. The building is owned by Chennamma Gowda of RPC Layout. Due to heavy rain on Monday morning, water had accumulated in the basement, partially submerging the generator box which did not have proper earthing. When Gopal stepped into the water, he was electrocuted. 

Shopkeepers in the building said its owner had ignored their many complaints about the poor grounding system. A case of negligence was registered against the coffee joint owner, the police added.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)