Watchman took 3-yr-old girl into his house

Watchman took 3-yr-old girl into his house

Police arrest him, but it is unclear what he did to her there

Watchman took 3-yr-old girl into his house

Police on Tuesday arrested the watchman of a private school in Indiranagar, where a three-year-old girl is said to have been sexually abused on Monday.

The suspect, Gautam, 25, a native of West Bengal, admitted that he had taken the girl into his small house located on the school premises, police said. Gautam has been working as watchman at the school for the past eight years and lives with his family on the campus.

“During interrogation, Gautam revealed that he had taken the victim into the room, which is also his house, located on the school premises. But he is tight-lipped about what he did inside the room,” said a senior police officer. Police could not talk to the girl on Tuesday as there was commotion near the school following a protest. “Even the parents didn’t get the girl to meet us. We will talk to her and the parents on Wednesday to get more information,” the officer added.

Meanwhile, school authorities said that six male employees, including Gautam, were questioned by the police. Having worked in the school for so long, Gautam had the full confidence of the school authorities. “He has been with us for eight years now and we haven’t got any complaints. He has two children, one of whom studies in our school. His wife works as an ayah in the school,” the head of the school’s primary section told Deccan Herald.

Medical report awaited

Meantime, the girl has been admitted to the Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospital and is being treated by a gynaecologist and a pediatrician. “The swabs and other necessary medical evidence have been collected. The reports are awaited. Only after the reports are out can it be confirmed whether or not the child was sexually abused,” said Dr Syed Iqbalulla Sha Khadri, Medical Superintendent of the hospital.

The girl was crying inconsolably when her father picked her up from the school around 12.30 pm on Monday. At home, her mother noticed that the child’s private parts were swollen and there was a wound too. The family, who hail from northeastern India, suspected that she was sexually abused.