Four injured in LPG cylinder explosion at Duddagere

Food and Civil Supplies officials deny illegal gas refilling
Last Updated 21 August 2015, 17:35 IST

Four persons, including a woman, suffered burns after a domestic LPG cylinder exploded following a leakage of gas, at Duddagere in Mysuru taluk, on Thursday.

Following the incident, a team of officials, led by Senior Deputy Director for Food and Civil Supplies K Rameshwarappa, inspected the mishap site on Friday.

The incident occurred when Ratnamma, wife of Halagappa, turned on the gas stove at her house in the village. Ratnamma wanted to prepare coffee for her relatives Nagaraju and Puttaswamy.

All the four persons were injured in the incident and have been admitted to KR Hospital in the City. According to the doctors treating the injured persons, the condition of Halagappa is critical.

During the inspection, the officials were of the opinion that the leakage of gas from the cylinder may have caused the mishap.

No other suspicious objects
Barring kitchen utensils, no other suspicious objects have been found, denying the
allegations of illegal gas refilling triggering a blast at the place.

Rameshwarappa said, “It was a miracle as other than the occupants of the house, who have been injured, the furniture and other materials remain intact”.

The officials of Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), the main supplier, from whom the consumer had received the cylinder through its agency Aditya Gas Agency, are expected to visit the spot on Saturday.


(Published 21 August 2015, 17:35 IST)

Follow us on