Minor fire breaks out at Agrasen College

A minor fire broke out in the store room of Maharaja Agrasen College in east Delhi’s Vasundhara enclave on Friday, leading to an evacuation of the premises.

No injuries were reported.

According to a fire official, the blaze was reported around 1 pm by the college staff when they noticed smoke emanating from the storehouse.

The initial cause of the fire is suspected to be a short circuit in an air conditioner stabiliser. The incident created panic among the students, and the campus was emptied within a few minutes.

“It was during class hours when the fire triggered panic among the college students and professors who were on the first floor,” said a police official.

“Suddenly the air conditioner stabiliser kept inside the college store at the ground floor burst and smoke started bellowing. Within no time the blaze engulfed the entire room and students along with the professors were evacuated from the entire college premises,” he addedl.

Three fire tenders were rushed to the premises and the fire was brought under control in 20 minutes.
 

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)