Five killed in road accidents

Five killed in road accidents

Two factory workers were  mowed down by a bus near Yadavanahalli bus stop on Sunday afternoon at Attibele.

Chotu Singh (30) and Pancham Singh (22) from Waddarapalya were crossing the road to go towards Ashirvad Pipe factory when the bus driver lost control while taking a turn and knocked them down.

Chotu was killed on the spot as he came under the front wheel, while Pancham was thrown up in air and sustained multiple injuries.

He was rushed a nearby hospital where he died minutes later. The bus driver absconded after causing the accident, said the police.

In another  hit-and-run accident on early Sunday morning, Mallikarjun (38), a security guard was killed on the spot by vehicle. Mallikarjun, a resident of Manjunathnagar, hailed from Tumkur and was working with a construction company.

The accident took place near Shell Petrol Bunk on Tumkur road when he was trying to cross the road, added the police.

T S Girish Rao (20), a resident of Thimmasandra was killed on the spot when the bike he was riding came under the wheels of a college bus at Santhe Circle on BB Road in Yelahanka on Saturday evening.

It was raining heavily when Girish, a construction supervisor approached the Circle on his bike.  The driver of the bus, took a sudden right turn at the circle without giving any indication. Girish fell down and came under the wheels when the bus touched the bike. The bus driver fled the scene.

Saleh Abdul Razaq (25), a resident of Kammanahalli and an MCA student was killed when the bike he was riding and a tempo traveller collided at Palanahalli gate near Baglur Cross in Yelahanka on Saturday afternoon.

Saleh was on his way to his house on the bike without carrying vehicle documents. He was also not wearing a helmet.

Hailed to a stop by traffic police near the cross, Saleh panicked, took a turn and sped away.

In his hurry, he failed to notice the tempo coming from the opposite direction and rammed against the vehicle.

The tempo driver fled the spot leaving behind his vehicle, added the police.