×
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Rat-a-touille: Dead rodent found in sambar served by Ahmedabad eatery

The health department has issued a notice to the eatery's owner Alpesh Kevadiya, and has sealed the outlet—the food from the outlet has been declared unsafe, and the owner has been asked to take corrective action.
Last Updated : 21 June 2024, 10:48 IST

Follow Us :

Comments

Following the discovery of a human finger, a centipede, a dead mouse, and a frog in various food items over the past few days, another such incident has surfaced, this time, in Ahmedabad.

According to a report by Times Now, a dead rat was recently found in the sambar served at a popular eatery—the Devi Dosa restaurant in Nikol—in the city of Ahmedabad, and much to the dismay of the customer, no action was taken by the restaurant staff.

Frustrated at the lack of a response by the restaurant, the man took to social media to share his experience, and even informed the Amdavad Municipal Corporation (AMC).

Subsequently, the health department issued a notice to the eatery's owner Alpesh Kevadiya, and sealed the outlet—the food from the outlet has been declared unsafe, and the owner has been asked to take corrective action.

What led to this lapse?

According to the Times Now report, the eatery had a fairly open kitchen space, that allowed roadside animals easy access into the premises.

Commenting on the incident, AMC Food Safety Officer Bhavin Joshi told news agency ANI, "I appeal to all the business operators of the Ahmedabad Corporation to be very careful with the food they serve to the customers so that such incidents can be avoided."

ADVERTISEMENT
Published 21 June 2024, 10:48 IST

Follow us on :

Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT