×
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Bengaluru couple shocked as they find live snake in Amazon package

It is unclear how long the snake was inside the box or where it came from. Experts said it might have punctured small holes in the cardboard box to be able to breathe.
Last Updated : 19 June 2024, 09:18 IST

Follow Us :

Comments

Bengaluru:In a bizarre video that has gone viral, a Bengaluru techie couple living on Sarjapur Road claimed to have received a live snake stuck to the taped box of their Xbox controller order from Amazon on Sunday night. However, many details of the case remain unclear.

Initially, posted on the social media platform Reddit, the customer Tanvi also shared the incident on her X handle created this month, with a video and the caption “Ordered an Xbox controller from @amazonIN and received a free snake with it!”.

On Reddit, she claimed that the package was directly handed over to them by the delivery partner, which was captured on camera and in the presence of eye witnesses.

“This is clearly a safety breach and caused solely by their (Amazon India’s) negligence and lapses in their existing transportational or warehousing hygiene and supervision,” she wrote.

She claimed that the snake did not harm anyone and was safely released away from the public, without clarifying where and how.

The video went viral. Tanvi wrote on Reddit that Amazon had not issued an official apology or provided compensation beyond a full refund. However, she has not come on record in any media reports since.

DH reached out to Tanvi to confirm the incident but did not receive any response. Later, she posted on X that the couple has chosen not to engage in media coverage. Meanwhile, in an email response to DH’s queries, an Amazon India spokesperson said that their team is investigating the incident.

A snakelet has enough venom to take one’s life.

Prasanna Kumar A, a snake rescuer, said, “In all probability, it’s a spectacled cobra, scientifically known as Naja Naja. People have a misconception that snakelets are harmless. However, it has enough venom to take more than one life. Therefore, it should be handled carefully.”

It is unclear how long the snake was inside the box or where it came from. Experts said it might have punctured small holes in the cardboard box to be able to breathe.

ADVERTISEMENT
Published 19 June 2024, 09:18 IST

Follow us on :

Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT