A teenager fell from the second floor of a commercial building in Marathahalli where he was getting photocopies of his notes for studies.
Police said Ritvik Wuyyuru (16) fell on a high tension electrical poll before crashing to the ground. He suffered burn injuries and multiple fractures. Police registered a case of negligence against the shop owner.
Ritvik, a class 12 student at a private school and a resident of Doddanakundi, had been to the Xerox shop in the second floor of JVK Complex with his mother Ratna Kumari to take copies of notes for studies.
As there was no parapet, Ritvik lost balance and fell from the second floor on to the electric poll and crashed to the ground.
Passersby rushed to his help and shifted him to a nearby hospital where he is recovering. He had burn injuries on both his hands as he tried to grab the high-tension wires in a bid to save himself from falling. Eventually, the fall from the 12-feet height resulted in Ritvik suffering multiple fractures.
In her complaint to the police, Ratna Kumari said the shop owner, identified as Kamaraj, did not put up a parapet wall which could have prevented the accident. Based on her complaint, Marathahalli police booked Kamaraj under IPC section 338 (Causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others). They are probing the incident further.