Khalapar violence: Main accused booked under NSA

Mustakim, who was absconding since last June 27 incident, surrendered before a court a few days ago. He was sent to judicial custody. (Image for representation)

The main accused has been booked under the stringent National Security Act (NSA) in connection with the attack on a police team allegedly by a mob in Khalapar area here, a senior official said on Monday.

Mustakim, who was absconding since last June 27 incident, surrendered before a court a few days ago. He was sent to judicial custody.

Yesterday, he was booked under the NSA for the violence at Khalapar, District Magistrate Rajive Kumar Sharma said.

The police team was attacked on June 27 last year when they had gone to arrest three men in a cow slaughter case. Four policemen were injured and a police vehicle was damaged in the incident.

The mob had freed three accused, including Mustakim, by stone pelting.

Police had registered two cases and arrested two dozen people in this connection so far.

In February, another accused Inayat was also booked under the NSA.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

Khalapar violence: Main accused booked under NSA

0 comments

Write the first review for this !