Minor fire breaks out at Supreme Court

Minor fire breaks out at Supreme Court

A minor fire broke out in the Supreme Court complex on Sunday afternoon. However, according to the fire department, no one was injured or killed in the blaze that was reported to have begun at about 12:50 pm.

The fire broke out in the chamber number 134 of R K Jain Lawyers. It belongs to advocate P H Parekh. 

He noticed the fire when he returned to his chamber after attending an event in which the new Chief Justice R M Lodha was addressing the media.

Despite the availability of fire extinguishers in the court premises, people were caught unaware on how to use it. About 10 fire tenders soon arrived and doused the flames in half-an-hour. 

Neither the cause of the fire, nor the source of it has been ascertained yet. However, initial probe shows that a short circuit could have caused it.