Kalagrama auditorium catches fire, no one hurt

Goods and furniture worth Rs 40 lakh were gutted after fire borke out at Kalagrama auditorium on Jnanabharathi campus in Mallathalli on Thursday morning. Special arrangement

Goods and furniture worth several lakhs gutted in a fire that broke out at Kalagrama auditorium situated at Jnanabharathi campus in Mallathalli on Thursday morning.

The auditorium situated on the first floor caught fire due to short circuit, said V N Mallikarjunaswamy, joint director Kannada and Culture Department.

Around 5.30 am the security guard observed a thick smoke coming out from the Kalagrama. He tried to put it off. But by then the blaze had spread all over. He then alerted the fire and emergency service, who rushed to the spot and doused the fire.

Sound system, electrical and electronic goods in the lightroom and furniture worth Rs 40 lakh were gutted. No programme was scheduled when the incident took place.

A senior police officer said as the fire broke out in the early morning hours there were no events scheduled and so no one was injured in the mishap.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

Kalagrama auditorium catches fire, no one hurt

0 comments

Write the first review for this !