ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Ponting not happy with CL T20 timing

Last Updated 08 October 2010, 17:10 IST

“I don't agree (with the scheduling),” said Ponting, who had to see his premier bowler Doug Bollinger walk off the field with an abdomen injury in Mohali. There were doubts about Bollinger’s fitness before the start of the first Test and Ponting’s fears came true when the left-arm seamer left the ground, limiting his bowling options.   

“It was definitely hard work for Doug, Mike Hussey and even Dhoni for that matter,” Ponting singled out the trio, all part of eventual champions Chennai Super Kings. “I think he (Dhoni) can see probably from his performance as well that he might have been feeling the pinch as well. It definitely wasn’t ideal.

“I know from the Australian players’ side that they were doing everything within their powers to try and arrive here early, and try and give themselves the best chance to prepare for this Test series. But it wasn't to be.

“There are a lot of good lessons that can be learned from the last week as far as our preparations, and probably some of the Indian players as well, go. What we can do is get our case across, and I know that the individual players involved have certainly done that,” he observed.

Ponting felt back-to-back matches don’t hlpe either. “It’s hard work, there is no doubt about that, when you have back-to-back games. We have made sure we have looked after guys as well as we possibly could, from the end of the first game. We had a travel day and an early start the next day. The guys didn't do any bowling that day,” he thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
(Published 08 October 2010, 17:10 IST)

Deccan Herald is on WhatsApp Channels| Join now for Breaking News & Editor's Picks

Follow us on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT