5 of family take ill after 'gas leak'

Manjunath (40), who runs an eatery at his house, his wife Parvati (35), and their children Akshatha (15), Amruth (13) and Abhishek (7) are suspected to have lost consciousness on Thursday night, reportedly after inhaling cooking gas while they were asleep.

Customers who came to the eatery early on Friday morning found the five lying unconscious. They broke open the door and shifted them to hospital.

Some neighbours said it could be a case of suspected food poisoning or a suicide attempt.

The exact cause can be ascertained only after receiving the medical report, police said.
Manjunath and his wife are being treated for food poisoning at Victoria Hospital, according medical superintendent Dr B   Tilak.The children are admitted to Vani Vilas Hospital.

Held for theft
Sanjaynagar police arrested two men in connection with two separate thefts recently.
They arrested Santosh from Kamakshipalya and recovered jewellery and a two-wheeler worth Rs 7.5 lakh.

He had served jail terms in the Parappana Agrahara jail for similar offences.
Santosh continued to steal after he was released fromjail a few months ago, police said.
Police also arrested Armugam (25) of Jyothipura in K R Puram on the charges of  stealing high-tension cables and a goods vehicle worth Rs four lakh.

900 gm gold stolen
Burglars broke into the house of businessman G K Gopal in Basavangudi and made off with 900 gm of gold ornaments.DCP Sonia Narang said Gopal’s family was away when the thieves struck.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry