<p>"I have received notice from the Renault F1 team of its intention to stop me from driving for them in the current F1 season," the statement said. <br /><br />Meanwhile, former world champion Nelson Piquet is close to a co-ownership agreement at the BMW-Sauber Formula One team, the Estado de Sao Paulo daily reported Monday. The paper said that talks with Swiss Peter Sauber, who holds a 20 per cent stake in the team, were close to being finalized and that his son Nelson Piquet Jr could be one of the drivers for the team in a move from Renault.<br /><br />BMW announced last week that they will end their F1 engagement after the current season.<br /> Estado de Sao Paulo also said that Ferrari will supply the new team, which could be named Sauber-Piquet, with engines.</p>
<p>"I have received notice from the Renault F1 team of its intention to stop me from driving for them in the current F1 season," the statement said. <br /><br />Meanwhile, former world champion Nelson Piquet is close to a co-ownership agreement at the BMW-Sauber Formula One team, the Estado de Sao Paulo daily reported Monday. The paper said that talks with Swiss Peter Sauber, who holds a 20 per cent stake in the team, were close to being finalized and that his son Nelson Piquet Jr could be one of the drivers for the team in a move from Renault.<br /><br />BMW announced last week that they will end their F1 engagement after the current season.<br /> Estado de Sao Paulo also said that Ferrari will supply the new team, which could be named Sauber-Piquet, with engines.</p>