Shobha refutes allegations on power purchase

 Former minister Shobha Karandlaje on Thursday rubbished allegations made by the Opposition members that she had illegally cleared several tenders to the tune of Rs 2,400 crore, during her last days in office as Energy minister.

“I will retire from politics if there is any truth in the allegations,” Karandlaje said, in response to the charges made by JD(S) leader H D Revanna in the Legislative Assembly on Wednesday.

The former minister said a tender amounting to Rs 24 crore had been legally approved for taking up power work in Yelahanka. Revanna was deliberately quoting the tender amount as Rs 2,400 crore to tarnish her image, she charged.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry