Three firemen hurt in LPG explosion

Three firemen sustained burns after a cooking gas cylinder exploded bringing down the ceiling and walls of a shop at east Delhi’s Ghazipur on Wednesday, police said.

The blast took place when the Delhi Fire Services officials were dousing flames that almost engulfed vegetable shop number 309 at Ghazipur market around 10 20 am.

Police said they received a call that a fire broke out at a shop.

“We rushed to the spot and also had informed the fire officials, who  reached within few minutes. We found that the inferno has engulfed a shop and people were trying to douse it with water,” said a police officer.

After vacating the place, the firemen started dousing the flames when an LPG cylinder kept at the loft of the shop exploded bringing down the ceiling and walls within seconds injuring Randhir, 55, Narendra Prasad, 36 and Ramkesh Meena, 26.

They were rushed to Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital. Doctors said the fire officials have received 15 to 20 per cent burn injuries and have been referred to Max Hospital.Meanwhile, another DFS team doused the flames in around half an hour.

Police learnt that shop owner Harnath Kumar was at his home when the accident took place.

It broke out when the labourers who stay at the loft of the shop were cooking. 

An investigation is on and police are questioning people who were cooking.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry