Sale of meat banned; feasts cancelled, hotels closed in Holalu

Sale of meat banned; feasts cancelled, hotels closed in Holalu

It has been confirmed that 13 people, who were admitted of suspected cholera at the Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences (MIMS), after allegedly consuming contaminated water, are suffering from cholera.

On Sunday too, 15 persons complaining of vomiting and diarrhoea were admitted to MIMS for treatment. District Health Officer Dr T N Marigowda told Deccan Herald that the patients were responding well to the treatment.

Fifteen teams, comprising four members each, have been formed to make door-to-door visits to take stock of the situation.

The teams will also distribute ORS, glucose and tablets to control cholera. The teams are also taking out jathas, distributing handbills to create awareness on the disease, he said.
Sale of meat has been banned at Holalu and surrounding villages and hotels have been directed to down the shutters as a preventive measure.

It has been warned not to hold marriages, feasts or other functions, till the disease is brought under control, he explained.

Soaps to be distributed

Dettol soaps will be distributed to about 600 BPL card holders in the village and drains are being cleared and sprinkled with bleaching power.

The pipeline that supplies drinking water to the village is very old and the iron pipes have developed rust.

The pipes should be immediately changed to prevent recurring of the epidemic, Marigowda said.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
GET IT
Comments (+)