Two boys electrocuted

Two boys electrocuted

Two boys were electrocuted in two separate incidents on Saturday.

Dinesh, 14, a Class VIII student and resident of Victoria Road near Ulsoor, was electrocuted when the tree branch he had climbed on to pluck mangoes, snapped and he fell on a live electric wire.

He was the younger son of Ramesh and Saraswathi. He was playing with his elder brother Vignesh when the two decided to pluck mangoes from a nearby tree. 

Hearing Vignesh’s scre­ams, passersby rushed to the spot and shifted Dinesh to a hospital, where he was declared brought dead, police said. 

In another incident, Bharath, 8, a Class III student at Dinnur Government School, was electrocuted, when he accidentally touched a live wire while trying to retrieve the ball that had landed on the roof of the school.

Police said he was playing cricket with his friends when one of them hit the ball which landed on the roof. Bharath who went to fetch it scaled the compound and the terrace.

 However, while trying to reach the roof, as the staircase entrance was locked, he came in contact with the live wire.

Alerted by his friends, passersby rushed him to hospital, but he was declared brought dead.

He was the son of construction labourers.

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox

Check out all newsletters

Get a round-up of the day's top stories in your inbox