Ravindranath grilled for 8 hours

Ravindranath grilled for 8 hours

Additional Director General of Police P Ravindranath, accused of clicking pictures of a woman inside a coffee shop on Cunningham Road recently, was questioned for nearly eight hours by the officials from CID on Monday.

The senior IPS officer appeared before CID investigating officers and gave his statement. He reached the CID office with his wife Sridevi around 11 am and was subjected to a detailed inquiry for about eight hours.

The CID officers recorded his statement and it was 8 pm when he came out of the CID office on Palace Road. The officer’s wife left for their residence by 2.30 pm.

The CID is probing the complaint lodged by a freelance journalist in High Grounds police station that her photos were taken by a man on his camera phone and the atrocity case filed by Ravindranath against three police officers in Cubbon Park police station.

Deputy Superintendent of Police Noorullah Sharif interrogated the ADGP in regard to the atrocity case while a team led by Superintendent of Police D C Rajappa recorded his statement regarding the freelance journalist’s complaint.

Sources in the CID said that Ravindranath demanded the CID officers to direct Bangalore City Police Commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar, DCP (Central) B R Ravikanthegowda, Sub-Inspector Ravi and the freelance journalist to rush to the CID office to record their statement along with him. However, the CID officers did not yield to his request.

CID officials had recorded the statements of Ravikanthegowda on Monday evening.

CM meets governor

Chief Minister Siddaramaiah met Governor H R Bhardwaj on Monday to explain the developments surrounding the recent differences among certain police officers.

The chief minister went to Raj Bhavan along with Home Minister K J George around 6.30 pm.

In his 45-minute meeting, it is said, both the chief minister and George told the Governor that steps would be taken to ensure that such incidents do not recur.