BCCI has suffered huge losses: Patel

BCCI has suffered huge losses: Patel

 A livid BCCI has said it has suffered huge losses and it would claim the damages following the West Indies cricket team’s unprecedented move to pull out of the India tour in the wake of an acrimonious pay dispute with its Board. 

The aggrieved Caribbean players, who were persuaded to take the field for the fourth ODI in Dharamsala on Friday, conveyed their decision to call off the remaining part of tour to the BCCI, which is now contemplating legal action against the visitors.

“We have suffered huge losses due to the decision of the West Indies to pull out of the tour. We are going to claim all the damages and pursue the matter with ICC. We have convened an emergent working committee meeting to discuss the issue as well as the visit, at short notice, by Sri Lanka,” said Sanjay Patel, the BCCI secretary.  

The BCCI has convened an emergent meeting of its all-powerful working committee in Hyderabad on October 21 to discuss the aftermath of the controversial pull-out. “The working committee members will have dialogue on this and after that we may consider to not pursue further FTP programmes with West Indies. There will be a Governing Council meeting of IPL preceding the WC meeting,” he said. 

Patel said that Sri Lanka will play the ODIs between November 1 and 15 and. “We had already contacted the Sri Lanka board who had accepted the invitation on short notice. But they have to go back home for their next series against England,” said Patel. 

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)