Gurgaon: 3 year old's thumb slashed at daycare centre, complaint filed

Gurgaon: 3 year old's thumb slashed at daycare centre, complaint filed

Gurgaon: 3 year old's thumb slashed at daycare centre, complaint filed

A Gurgaon mother whose 3 year old daughter's thumb was slashed in an accident at a daycare centre in the city has taken up the fight through social media and lodged a complaint with the police against the "negligent" owners of the centre.

Shivani P Sharma whose three year old daughter Myra's thumb was "amputated" has posted details of the incident which occurred at the day care centre in Sector 56 area of Gurgaon on April 28, on the social site Facebook. Shivani has also lodged her complaint at the Sector 56 police station.

"We registered a case on the complaint given by Shivani Sharma on May 7 and notice has been issued to the accused to join investigation which is going on," said Sector 56 police station SHO Amit.

In her Facebook post Shivani has narrated in detail the incident as well as the "negligence" of the daycare owned by a woman and her husband.

"I want to report the utter negligence of DayCare owner Archana Benjiwal and her staff in running and taking care of kids," Shivani wrote in her post which was shared more than 11000 times.

As per the account of Shivani she dropped her daughter at the daycare at 12.30 pm on April 28 and half an hour later received a phone call while she was in her office, that there was an emergency and her daughter hit her right thumb.

She said that she rushed to a private hospital where Myra was taken to find that her right thumb had amputated and top half part of the thumb was "crushed and cut apart."

She was told that another kid had closed a door and her daughter's thumb was crushed in it.

Shivani mentioned that at 6 pm on the day a team of doctors at Medanta performed surgery on Myra's thumb. The doctors told her to wait six weeks to get its result.

"During this whole time I was alone as my husband was out of country.," she said.

"The day care owners Archana and her husband Prashant came to picture only after a day of this incident. Her husband came to our house on May 1 apologising and saying that they will completely bear the expense of all treatments as it is their mistake," she added.

She alleged that they were "not seen or heard back" since then and when she called them to pay for surgery they started making "excuses" and did not even pick up phone on the day of surgery.

"I will fight till we get you the right treatment which you deserve," she said in the post. The daycare owners could not be contacted for their version of the incident.