Pak team carried daggers, cameras to record attack

Pak team carried daggers, cameras to record attack

Pak team carried daggers, cameras to record attack

 The Pakistani Border Action Team (BAT), which attacked an Indian Army patrol after crossing the LoC, was made up of special forces personnel and terrorists who were armed with special daggers and headband cameras for recording the strike in Poonch district.

The attack on June 22 left two Indian soldiers dead, while one BAT member was killed in retaliatory action by Indian troops.

During search and sanitation operations, army troops recovered the body of the member of the BAT team.

“The body of the intruder has been retrieved and handed over to the local police,” a senior army officer told PTI on Friday.

Huge cache of arms

“Arms, ammunition and other war-like stores, including a special dagger, a headband with a camera, knife, one AK rifle, three  magazines and two grenades, besides dresses and bags, were recovered... this reflects the barbaric mindset of the Pakistani Army,” he said.

Giving details, the officer said that a special class of dagger and a knife were meant to engineer quick mutilation and beheading of soldiers killed in the firing exchanges.

The BAT member was wearing a headband with a camera on his head to record the action and possible mutilation of soldiers, which was prevented by the troops who shot dead one of them and injured another, he said.

The officer said it is matter of investigation whether the camera was live connected with Pakistani army establishments across the border.

“We are confident that another BAT member has also been killed, but his body was taken back by the other members of his team.”

“The resolute action of our soldiers didn’t let their nefarious plan (of mutilating bodies and recording it on camera) succeed,” officer said.

3rd attack this year

In the third such attack this year, a team of Pakistani special forces sneaked 600 m across the LoC into the Poonch sector.

BAT, which generally comprises special forces personnel of the Pakistani army and some terrorists, carried out the attack at 2 pm under heavy fire cover by Pakistani troops from their posts.

The Pakistani attackers came up to 200 m within the Indian posts.