Zaver, 35, ate the snake Sunday but half way through his meal he developed pain in the stomach. Anticipating the worst, he and his friend with whom he had entered into the bet two summoned the emergency 108 ambulance.
Zaver was admitted in the government civil hospital here.
According to civil hospital sources Zaver's condition stabilised over the next two days "Till yesterday (Tuesday) he was kept under observation and his condition was stable," said the resident doctor on duty Wednesday.
In late Tuesday afternoon, the hospital staff found out in their routine check that the Zaver had left the hospital without informing the authorities, said a hospital doctor.