Monsoon subdued over country during last week: Met office

According to IMD, the rainfall in the country during Aug 1-11 was recorded six percent below the average while it was four percent below average between July 1-Aug 11.

"During the next week all India rainfall is likely to remain below normal. However, there is possibility of improvement in rainfall activity particularly over central India and adjoining areas during fourth week of this month," said an IMD statement. 

Out of 36 meteorological sub-divisions, rainfall was excess in six, normal in six, deficient in 13 and scanty in 11 sub-divisions during the week. 

Bihar and Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi were the most deficient sub-divisions during the week with deficiency 88 percent and 77 percent below average, respectively. In area-wise distribution, 40 percent area of the country received excess/normal rainfall while remaining 60 percent area received deficient/scanty rainfall.

The worst affected are northeast states where rainfall has been 21 percent deficient so far.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
GET IT
Comments (+)