<p>The Union Health Ministry on Thursday said that it would make the adverse event investigation reports on 19 post-coronavirus vaccination deaths public after a national-level panel of experts reviews all the reports received from the states.</p>.<p>Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said that there had been 19 deaths of people who received the vaccine and in each case, the post-mortem was carried out by a board of three doctors. Subsequently, the State level AEFI (adverse event following immunisation) committee reviewed each of these cases to find out if the vaccine was responsible for the deaths.</p>.<p>None of the deaths has been linked so far to the two Covid-19 vaccines that are being administered to the healthcare workers and front line staff.</p>.<p>Till 1.30 PM on Thursday, as many as 45,93,427 individuals received the first dose of the vaccine. Administering the second dose would start from February 13.</p>.<p>Bhushan said that out of nearly 46 lakh vaccination, there were 8,563 AEFI cases, most of them being minors. There were only 34 cases of hospitalisation, which is 0.0007% of the people who received the vaccine.<br /><br /><strong><a href="https://www.deccanherald.com/national/over-97-among-5-lakh-respondents-surveyed-happy-with-covid-19-vaccination-arrangements-says-government-947567.html" target="_blank">Read: Over 97% among 5 lakh respondents surveyed happy with Covid-19 vaccination arrangements, says government</a></strong></p>.<p>The government’s response on the post-vaccination deaths came after a group of doctors and public health researchers wrote to the Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan seeking an investigation into such deaths following a World Health Organisation “protocol of cluster of serious AEFI.”</p>.<p>"It is an absolutely baseless narrative to claim that the government had rushed to certify that there was no causality,” Bhushan said.</p>.<p>The Health Secretary said that the national committee was shortly slated to review the reports received from the states after which they would be put in the public domain.</p>.<p>"After 45 lakh vaccination, the point we would like to amplify is that the vaccine is superbly safe. For every 1,150 cases, there is one side effect,” added V K Paul, NITI Ayog member.</p>.<p>With India battling a huge amount of vaccine hesitancy, experts said the government needed to be more open and transparent about the vaccination to overcome such a hesitancy.</p>
<p>The Union Health Ministry on Thursday said that it would make the adverse event investigation reports on 19 post-coronavirus vaccination deaths public after a national-level panel of experts reviews all the reports received from the states.</p>.<p>Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan said that there had been 19 deaths of people who received the vaccine and in each case, the post-mortem was carried out by a board of three doctors. Subsequently, the State level AEFI (adverse event following immunisation) committee reviewed each of these cases to find out if the vaccine was responsible for the deaths.</p>.<p>None of the deaths has been linked so far to the two Covid-19 vaccines that are being administered to the healthcare workers and front line staff.</p>.<p>Till 1.30 PM on Thursday, as many as 45,93,427 individuals received the first dose of the vaccine. Administering the second dose would start from February 13.</p>.<p>Bhushan said that out of nearly 46 lakh vaccination, there were 8,563 AEFI cases, most of them being minors. There were only 34 cases of hospitalisation, which is 0.0007% of the people who received the vaccine.<br /><br /><strong><a href="https://www.deccanherald.com/national/over-97-among-5-lakh-respondents-surveyed-happy-with-covid-19-vaccination-arrangements-says-government-947567.html" target="_blank">Read: Over 97% among 5 lakh respondents surveyed happy with Covid-19 vaccination arrangements, says government</a></strong></p>.<p>The government’s response on the post-vaccination deaths came after a group of doctors and public health researchers wrote to the Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan seeking an investigation into such deaths following a World Health Organisation “protocol of cluster of serious AEFI.”</p>.<p>"It is an absolutely baseless narrative to claim that the government had rushed to certify that there was no causality,” Bhushan said.</p>.<p>The Health Secretary said that the national committee was shortly slated to review the reports received from the states after which they would be put in the public domain.</p>.<p>"After 45 lakh vaccination, the point we would like to amplify is that the vaccine is superbly safe. For every 1,150 cases, there is one side effect,” added V K Paul, NITI Ayog member.</p>.<p>With India battling a huge amount of vaccine hesitancy, experts said the government needed to be more open and transparent about the vaccination to overcome such a hesitancy.</p>