Girl suffers burns from live wire sparks in Basaveshwaranagar

The victim, Rekha, was standing on the balcony of her house when a livewire snapped and its sparks hit her. DH file photo for representation

A 11-year-old-girl sustained burns due to electric sparks after a live wire snapped in Basaveshwara Nagar on Saturday evening.

The victim, Rekha, was standing on the balcony of her house when a livewire snapped and its sparks hit her.

Her parents rushed her to the Victoria Hospital where the doctors told them that Rekha had sustained 20% burns and her condition was critical.

Her father, Indra Raju, has held the Bescom responsible for the mishap.

According to Raju, the electric line that passes in front of their house was just four feet above their balcony and the electric power was more than the limits of cable capacity. Many times the electric wire had snapped and residents had complained about this to the Bescom but no action has been taken. Now daughter became the victim of this negligence, the father said.

The Basaweshwara Nagar police said they were waiting for the complaint from parents.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 1

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

Girl suffers burns from live wire sparks in Basaveshwaranagar

0 comments

Write the first review for this !