Fire accident: Lone survivor too succumbs

Fire accident: Lone survivor too succumbs

Three of family died after they suffered grievous burns

The girl’s parents who had suffered injuries in the mishap, predeceased her, recently. Sumaya Afrin (17), her mother Saida Begum (35) and father Altaf Ahmed (40) are those unfortunates who became victims of a freak mishap at their house in Shanthinagar on March 16.

According to Udayagiri Police, Saida Begum and her daughter were in kitchen when the kerosene that had spilled on the floor caught fire.

Altaf who had just returned home responded to their scream and rushed for help only to receive burns. They had been admitted at the hospital.

Altaf was the first to succumb among them on March 20, followed by his wife on March 21 and daughter.

Udayagiri Police have registered a case.

Shoot-out: Two sent to PC

Beththangere Shankara and Manja, co-accused in jail shoot-out case here, were remanded to four days police custody on Wednesday.

Shankara and Manja currently lodged in Dharwad and Belgaum jails respectively were brought to  the city late on Tuesday night and were produced before Second Additional Munsif Court on Wednesday.

The court handed them over to four days custody of Mandi Police, who had put forth similar plea.

Balaji Rao alias ‘Tibet’ who shot at Beththangere Seena, a cousin of Shankara and Manja, at Central Prisons of Mysore here on March 10, using a country-made gun in his possession, had stated before the police that he had acted carrying the orders of Shankara and Manja.

Prem, said to be an emissary of the duo had handed over the country made gun to Balaji at Central Prisons, a few days ahead of the incident.

Balaji had shot at Seena on March 10, emptying all the rounds of bullets. Seena who escaped the attack, survived a bullet injury on his left arm.

The doctors operated on him on March 22, removing the bullet. The operation had been deferred on several occasions, as the jaundice level in him had not reduced.

Youth found dead

A 25-year-old youth was found dead at Chamundi Hills here on Tuesday. The deceased has been identified as Pradeep Kumar son of Chaluvegowda, Hootagalli on the outskirts. He was a medical representative by profession.

K R Police said, he had strangulated self pressing the belt around his throat. The reason for his extreme step is yet to be ascertained.

A case has been registered and investigation is on.

Inspector suspended

Jayalakshmipuram Police Inspector Nemiraj has been suspended owing to dereliction of duty.

Police Commissioner Sunil Agarwal issued the order late on Tuesday night, keeping the officer under suspension, with a pending inquiry.

The said police officer had booked a case against a party in relation to a property case, when the issue was before the court.

The accused had brought the matter to the notice of the police commissioner.