CWG scam: OC official and Pvt firm director's JC extended

CWG scam: OC official and Pvt firm director's JC extended

Special CBI Judge O P Saini extended their custody till April 11 after the CBI told that the probe in the case was still going on.

"Both the accused are remanded to judicial custody till April 11," the court said.
CWG OC Additional Director General Reddy and private firm director Bakshi were produced before the court after expiry of their 14-day judicial custody.

The duo, arrested on February 22, were charged with giving and accepting bribe and misuse of his official position by Reddy.

CBI had earlier told the court that Bakshi had paid a huge bribe to the OC officials in return for getting contracts at exorbitant rates.

CBI had also said Reddy had accepted the bribe amount from Bakshi, the director of a firm known as 'ESJAV:D Art: Indo-Consortium.'

Nearly Rs 600 crore worth of contracts relating to the overlays projects are under the CBI scanner.

Overlays works included supply of tents, marquees, prefabricated units, portable toilets, containers, security fences, furniture, public display LED boards, floor finishes, material handling equipment, gensets, cabling, UPS, air-conditioners, lighting, civil construction, athletic exercise equipment and grandstands.