Sunil Shetty's costumes for 'No Problem' stolen in S Africa

Sunil Shetty's costume stolen in SA

Shetty, 47, claimed that his costumes, cameras and belts were stolen after the locks of four of his bags were clipped off en route from Johannesburg to Durban for shooting of his film 'No Problem'.

"I think this happens because they can see what's in the luggage. The locks, I believe, were clipped open within 10 minutes, which means it is organised," the actor told the 'Sunday Times Extra'.

"You have set your look for the film and have costumes for that particular scene, which had been designed accordingly. And to arrive here and to find that they are not there is disconcerting," he said, adding that he had to rush for shopping with the film's designer.
The actor claimed that he was also robbed of USD 60,000 during a trip to Durban some 12 years ago.

"This is my second experience. This probably happens to tourists anywhere and everywhere in the world."

However, the ACSA spokesman Colin Naidoo said he was not aware of any theft.
"Nothing was reported to me. We facilitated the arrival of Shetty and other stars, and if there was a problem, it should have been brought to our attention," Naidoo said.

Naidoo said that luggage was scanned by an automatic machine and was not seen by people — before moving through a conveyor belt system.

"If it did happen, he should have reported it to the airline and the police. If he had reported it to the airline, they would have already been asking questions," he said.

Actor Sanjay Dutt and Akshaye Khanna, who are also casting in the movie, have come to the city. The action-romantic comedy also stars Sushmita Sen, Neetu Chandra, Anil Kapoor, Paresh Rawal and Ranjeet.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry