Broken wire: Woman electrocuted

A woman, who came into contact with a live wire was electrocuted in Kodegandlu village of the taluk on Friday. The name of the deceased is given as Shankaramma (54).

It is said that a live wire had cut off and fell on the ground. The victim, as usual went to work at a tomato farm and stepped on the live wire. She was killed on the spot itself. The body has been handed over to her family after postmortem at the government hospital.

Gram Panchayat president Narayanaswamy has alleged that a complaint was given to Bangalore Electricity Supply Comaplny authorities stating that that the power line was in dilapidated and requires replacement, nearly three months ago.  Bescom failed to act and the woman’s live has been snatched on account of its negligence, he blamed. Assistant Executive Engineer, Chalapathi said that the incident might have occurred due to short circuit as a transformer has been installed in the tomato field.  A report will be submitted to the higher officers and the compensation, as applicable will be paid to the victim. Police have registered a case.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry