Food poisoning: 4-year-old dies

A four-year-old child died due to food poisoning at Tattekere in the taluk on Saturday. Five other members of the family are undergoing treatment at a hospital owing to the same reason.

The family comprising Ramanna hailing from Channapanahalli in Koppal was working at a brick factory of Manjegowda in the taluk. They had been staying at a shed near the factory. On Thursday night, the family members had vomitted the food they had eaten for dinner. The next day they visited a private doctor in Hanumanthapura. As the medicines failed to take the desired effect, the family went to a government hospital in Hassan.

However, by the time they reached the hospital, the four-year-old child had died. Ramanna, Chandramma, Manjamma, Vasantha and Huligamma are presently availing treatment at the hospital.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry