'Chinese incursions no cause for worry'


 
Army chief Deepak Kapoor
Referring to the prime minister’s statement on Friday that there has been no increase in incursions or transgressions across the border compared to last year, Kapoor said: “It is almost the same like last year.”

He was interacting with the media here, after reviewing a passing out parade at the Officers  Training Academy (OTA).

Urging the media to keep restraint on this issue, Kapoor said as far as Pakistan was concerned, there were “some ceasefire violations across the border to which we have responded suitably.”

Whenever there was any ceasefire violation along the Indo-Pak border, “we have put in place certain mechanism,” Kapoor said. There were “hot line” facilities on both sides, even as “we have border personnel meetings in which the issues are solved,” he explained.  Any continued violation, even after such preliminaries, would be raised at the diplomatic level, he said.

To another query on Pakistan-based militants’ attempt to infiltrate into Jammu and Kashmir,  Kapoor said though there were such moves  to sneak into India before the winter sets in, Army personnel deployed in the border areas were geared to counter such threats.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry