BMTC conductor poisons son, hangs self to death

BMTC conductor poisons son,  hangs self to death

 A 30-year-old woman hanged herself to death after poisoning her six-year-old son at her house in Veeranna Palya, KG Halli, on Thursday afternoon.

Fortunately, with the timely intervention of the owner of the house where the woman stayed, the boy was rushed to hospital where he is receiving treatment. Doctors said his condition was critical.

The deceased Rukmini, a native of Bijapur district, was employed as a bus conductor with the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation. She was married to Eeregowda for seven years and had a son, Harsha.

However, the couple separated four years ago. A complaint of harassment, filed a few years ago against Eeregowda by her with the Nelamangala police, is still pending.

Three months ago, Rukmini shifted to a house owned by Kanikkai Mary in Veeranna Palya.
At about 12:30 pm on Thursday, Rukmini went into her house after having a chat with her landlady. Half an hour later, her son Harsha came running down the stairs and informed Mary his mother had hanged herself.

Mary rushed to the first-floor house along with the boy and found Rukmini hanging with a saree from the ceiling fan in the hall. However, by the time she could try and rescue her, Harsha fainted. Mary soon alerted the neighbours who lowered Rukmini and rushed both the mother and son to the nearby Dr B R Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital where Rukmini was declared brought dead.

Doctors confirmed Harsha had been poisoned. They immediately did a stomach washout and referred him to M S Ramaiah Hospital.

Police said they found a bottle of toilet cleaner in the kitchen and suspected that Rukmini might have administered doses of the chemical to the young boy before ending her life.
A police officer handling the case told Deccan Herald that the exact reason for Rukmini taking the extreme step was yet to be ascertained. She had not left any death note, he added.

Student hangs self

A first year pre-university student allegedly hanged herself to death at her house in Manjunathnagar on Thursday afternoon.

Kajal Gowda had completed her first year PU at KLE College in Nagarabhavi. While the college was yet to reopen, her parents had admitted her to two tutorials and for the past one week, she had been attending classes.

On Thursday, too, she had attended her tuition classes in the morning and had returned home at around 3:30 pm.

She was alone in the house then, as both her parents had gone visiting one of their relatives.

Kajal’s father Vinod Raj Gowda, a senior manager at a private firm in the City, returned home late in the evening. He grew suspicious when Kajal did not answer any of his calls and broke open the door only to find her hanging from the ceiling fan in her room. Basaveshwaranagar police have registered a case.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get the top news in your inbox
Comments (+)