Twins die after consuming poisonous ash from garbage

Twins die after consuming poisonous ash from garbage

In a tragic incident, minor twins died reportedly after consuming poisonous ash dumped near a garbage bin at Thangammalpuram area here.

4-year-old boy and his 18-month-old twin sister were playing near the bin on June 4 when they reportedly ate the ash, police said.

Both of them fainted and were rushed to a Government hospital where they died yesterday, they said.

Doctors at the hospital said they suspected that the material consumed by the children was poisonous ash.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT