Malegaon blast accused seeks to declare NIA investigation illegal

A month after the National Investigation Agency (NIA) filed its supplementary charge sheet in connection with the 2006 Malegoan blasts, an accused on Saturday challenged its legality, saying that further investigation in the case by the probe agency was totally illegal.

Blast accused Dhan Singh, who was arrested by the NIA along with three others, moved the Special MCOCA court saying that Anti Terrorist Squad (ATS) had filed a chargesheet and the case was taken over by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in 2007 which also filed a supplementary charge sheet.

“Whatever has been done by the NIA, under the guise of further investigation is totally bad practice of law and hence the material collected by NIA has no legal sanctity,” the application said.

It said the material was collected by the NIA without any authority of law and therefore all that can’t be looked into.

Dhan Singh has sought that the investigation carried out by the NIA be declared illegal.
He has also prayed that if the court feels it proper, then his application may be sent to the Bombay High court for reference.

The NIA is likely to file its reply on the application on July 22.
He has also moved another application in the court saying that he may be allowed to file a say in the discharge application filed by the two accused Mohammad Ali Alam Sheikh and Asif Khan Bashir Khan. Sheikh and Khan had filed a discharge application last week.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry