Construction worker electrocuted

A construction worker was electrocuted and another sustained injuries after the two came in contact with a live wire at a work site in Anandnagar on Friday noon.

Kiran (30) and Kumar (25) were working as barbenders at the third floor of a building. The long iron bar which they picked up came in contact with a high-tension wire next to the building. Both suffered severe electric shock and were rushed to Baptist Hospital. They were later shifted to Victoria Hospital where Kiran succumbed to his injuries.

The condition of Kumar is stated to be critical. Kiran hailed from Andhra Pradesh. Hebbal Police have registered a case of death due to negligence against the owner of the building and the contractor.

Man ends life

Ramesh, 36, a habitual drinker, was found hanging at his house in Kalidasa Circle on Friday evening. He was earlier working as a mechanic and owned a garage.

His wife Veena works with a private firm. The couple have a 10-year-old daughter. On Friday, while Veena was at work and the daughter at school, Ramesh hanged himself. The incident came to light when Veena returned home in the evening. Hanumanthnagar Police have registered a case.

Liked the story?

  • Happy
  • Amused
  • Sad
  • Frustrated
  • Angry

Thanks for Rating !

Dear Reader,

Welcome to our new site! We would appreciate it if you could send us your feedback about our site to ​ dhfeedback@deccanherald.co.in

Thanks for your support!