Garment godown gutted

Garment godown gutted

A garment godown located in JB Complex on Veerapillai Street near Commercial Street was gutted in a fire mishap on Saturday. 

According to the police, around 2.30 pm, passersby noticed smoke billowing from the godown situated in the basement of the commercial complex. They alerted the shopkeepers in the building, who in turn informed Fire and Emergency Services.

Fire tenders took more than an hour to douse the flames. As garments were stocked in the godown, the fire spread rapidly, an officer from the Fire Services said. A short circuit is suspected to have triggered the fire. The extent of damage is yet to estimated.

Chain snatched

Two bike-borne men snatched a 40-gm gold chain from a woman near Best Club in Rajarajeshwarinagar area on Friday. Sujatha, a resident of BEML Road, was walking along the road around 10.45 am when the incident occurred.

The police are examining the CCTV footage in the area to identify the suspects. Rajarajeshwarinagar police have registered a case.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry