As the Indian Premier League moves to the play-off stage, here’s a look at the top performers so far in the competition:
Leading run getters:
1. David Warner (SRH): 562
Sunrisers might have missed the play-offs but the Warner effect was hard to miss as he played some brutal knocks. He might, however, regret that Lagaan moment when he caught a Virat Kohli shot and stepped on the boundary ropes, handing Royal Challengers victory in a crucial game.
2. Ajinkya Rahane (MI): 498
3. Virat Kohli (RCB): 481
4. AB de Villiers (RCB): 446
5. Shreyas Iyer (DD): 439
n Leading wicket-takers:
1. Dwayne Bravo (CSK): 20
The energy Bravo brings to the game is simply incredible. Catches at vital moments and wickets at crucial times have raised his value manifold as he sits atop the wickets list.
2. Lasith Malinga (MI): 19
3. Y Chahal (RCB): 19
4. Mitchell Starc (RCB): 18
5. Ashish Nehra (CSK): 18
n Highest individual scores:
1. 133 n.o.: AB de Villiers (RCB) vs MI, on May 10
The 360-degree man finally paraded his entire range and Mumbai were left gasping. The wow factor remains with RCB as they prepare for the knock-out play off game against Rajasthan Royals.
2. 117: Chris Gayle (RCB) vs Kings XI Punjab, on May 6.
3. 104 n.o.: Shane Watson (RR) vs KKR, on May 16
4. 100 n.o.: Brendon McCullum (CSK) vs SRH, on April 11.
5. 98 n.o.: Rohit Sharma (MI) vs KKR, on April 8.
n Best bowling figures:
1. 4/10: Ashish Nehra (CSK) vs RCB, on April 22
Nehra has proved to be quite a handful for the batsmen with his bag of tricks.
2. 4/11: Ravindra Jadeja (CSK) vs RR, on May 10
3. 4/15: Mitchell Starc (RCB) vs Kings XI Punjab, on May 6.
4. 4/17: JP Duminy (DD) vs SRH, on April 18
5. 4/19: Sunil Narine (KKR) vs Kings XI Punjab, on May 9.
n Highest team scores:
1. 235/1: RCB, vs MI, May 10
2. 226/3: RCB, vs Kings XI Punjab, May 6
3. 209/4: CSK vs SRH, Apr 11
4. 209/7: MI, vs RCB, April 19.
n Maximum sixes:
1. 34: Chris Gayle (RCB)
2. 23: B McCullum (CSK)
3. 22: Virat Kohli (RCB)
4. 21: David Warner (SRH)
5. 21: Shreyas Iyer (DD)
Highest batting strike rates:
1. 192.8: Andre Russel (KKR)
2. 191.3: Hardik Pandya (MI)
3. 176.9: AB de Villiers (RCB)
4. 172.8: Deepak Hooda (RR)
5. 167.7: Mandeep Singh (RCB).