Man electrocuted at hotel

Man electrocuted at hotel

A 21-year-old man was electrocuted after coming in contact with a live electric wire in Bagalur here on Sunday.

Harish, a native of Kundapur in Udupi district, was living in the backyard of a hotel run by his relative, where he worked too. He was turning the motor on to pump water from the sump when he came in contact with a live wire and died.

A few minutes later, other men working at the hotel saw Harish lying unconscious. They took him to a hospital where doctors declared him dead. The switchboard was located in the backyard of the hotel and no one saw him when he was electrocuted, the Bagalur police said and added that his body had been sent for post-mortem.

A case of unnatural death has been registered and investigation is on.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)