Property worth Rs 2 crore gutted in fire mishap

Fire broke out in a foam and polythene manufacturing unit on Mysore Road near Kengeri in the early hours of Sunday.

An official of Fire and Emergency Service said that the fire control room received a call around 4 am from a localite informing that the manufacturing unit had caught fire.

Around two fire tenders rushed to the spot and found that the area was huge and another eight fire tenders were summoned. It took more than four hours to douse the fire.

The owner of the unit, identified as Dinesh, is a resident of Banashankari. He informed the officials that property worth Rs 2 crore was damaged in the mishap. No causalities were reported.

Preliminary investigations revealed that short circuit was the reason behind the fire and the foam in the unit helped spread flames at a rapid pace. Further investigation is on, the official added.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)