Fire breaks out at Odisha CM's office

Fire breaks out at Odisha CM's office

Panic gripped the Odisha Assembly premises on Wednesday after Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik’s chamber caught fire suddenly.

The Assembly is currently on its Budget session. Patnaik, however, was not in his chamber when the incident took place.

It took nearly half an hour for the firemen to douse the fire. The damages due to fire are currently being assessed. The Director General (DG) of the state police, K B Singh who immediately rushed to the spot and made an on-the-spot inquiry said, “short circuit in electric wire could be the cause of the sudden fire”.

“There will be an inquiry into the incident. But preliminary probe suggests that a short circuit in electric wire connected to a digital clock inside the chamber could have caused the fire. The situation is under control now”, Singh told reporters.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
GET IT
Comments (+)