Three of a family commit suicide

Three of a family commit suicide

Devastated by the mysterious death of their son last month, a couple and their daughter allegedly committed suicide on Friday morning after consuming poison.

Residents of Khaira Dabur village near Najafgarh in southwest Delhi, the deceased are identified as Bhagwan Das, 50, his wife Sharda, 48, and their daughter Sarita, 20. Das was a retired army personnel and was employed by Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) as a bus driver, said police.

In his seven-page suicide note, Das alleged that a man had taken more than Rs 30 lakh from him for the admission of his son in a medical college in Madhya Pradesh.
He still didn’t get admission and later went to to Kyrgyzstan for medical studies, He died during a visit home.

In the note, Das blamed the man, Alok Sinha, for his own death and of his family members. Police have registered a case of abetment to suicide under section 306 of Indian Penal Code, and a investigation has been ordered.

According to police, the entire Das family was under a pall of gloom since the death of Kuldeep, 25, on August 19. Kuldeep was found dead in the bathroom, and an inquest is underway to find the cause of it. On Thursday night, the family allegedly consumed poison by mixing it with water and went to bed.

Around 7.15 am on Friday, neighbours heard Sharda’s voice. When they went over to her home, she talked to them without opening the door of her house. Through the closed door, Sharda told them that the family was committing suicide. Then she apparently collapsed. The neighbours tried to force open the door, but it was bolted from the inside.  
They then climbed over the wall.

When they entered the bedroom they were shocked to see Das and his daughter lying unconscious on separate beds. All the three were rushed to a nearby hospital where they Das and Sarita were declared brought dead while Sharda died later, said police.

At the house police have found a suicide note in which Das has blamed Alok Sinha for his and his family members’ death. ccording to the note, Sinha, a resident of Ghaziabad’s Indirapuram, had taken Rs 30 lakh cash and Rs 5 lakh through a demand draft from him for his son Kuldeep’s admission in a medical college in Madhya Pradesh.

Das even went to the college with his son for his counselling but ultimately his son didn’t get admission in the college. When Das asked Sinha to return the money, he refused.
Following this Das managed to get a loan and sent his son to Kyrgyzstan for medical studies.

DH Newsletter Privacy Policy Get top news in your inbox daily
Comments (+)