4-yr-old boy succumbs to burns

A 4-year-old boy succumbed to burns at Victoria Hospital on Sunday after a bucket of boiling water fell on him at his house.

The deceased, Sheshadri Bharath, was the only son of Asha, whose husband Bharath died in an accident a year ago, the police said.

Asha and her son Sheshadri lived at her mother Lakshmidevamma's house in Attur Layout near Amba Bhavani temple.

According to the police, the incident happened on Friday at around 10.30 am when Sheshadri's grandmother Lakshmidevamma had kept water for heating using an immersion water heater in the bathroom of their house. When she went to fetch cold water, the boy pulled the bucket accidentally, causing the hot water to spill on to him, the police said. Lakshmidevamma, informed her daughter Asha, who, with help from neighbours, rushed Sheshadri to a private hospital nearby, but his condition remained critical. On Sunday, he was shifted to Victoria Hospital where he succumbed to burns at around 9.30 pm, the police said. The body was handed over to the family on Sunday after postmortem.

The Yelahanka New Town police have registered a case of unnatural death.
 

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry