Two kids, mother electrocuted

Immersion coil in bucket could have caused mishap

The incident occurred when Siddagangamma (28) touched a bucket of water with an immersion coil in it. The police suspect that electric shock delivered by the coil also killed her four-year-old son Chethan and her six-year-old daughter Pushpalatha. Her husband Rajanna, an employee at Kennametal used to wake up early everyday around 5 am and leave for work after taking bath. He followed the same routine on Wednesday and left a heating bucket of water for the children to take bath.

Police suspect that Siddagangamma who woke up a little later, headed to the bathroom and touched the immersion coil. She was electrocuted and her son, Chethan who was standing behind her, met the same fate. The daughter, Pushpalatha, who was sleeping on a metal cot, was also found dead. The family belonged to Pillahalli village in Nelamangala.

Neighbours, who saw smoke emanating from the house around 8 am rushed inside and found all the three dead. Minor burn injuries were found on the bodies. Police are unclear about the exact reason for deaths. A police official, who was at the spot, said they would wait for the post mortem reports to establish the cause of all the three deaths. Bescom officials also visited the spot and agreed that a heated immersion coil in the bucket could have caused a small fire or caused shock.

“We are waiting for the post mortem reports to be sure as it is still not clear how Pushpalatha, who was sleeping on the bed was also killed,” a police official said. The bodies have been taken to M S Ramaiah Hospital and the post mortem report is expected in two days time.

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry