No power cuts in Bengaluru as govt buys 500

No power cuts in Bengaluru as govt buys 500

Bengalureans need not worry about dark nights in the winter as the Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited (KPTCL) has purchased 500 MW of power, of which 250 MW will be given to Bescom alone.  

The KPTCL had invited tenders for supply of 500 MW of power.  JSW Energy  (200 MW) and Global Energy Pvt Ltd (300 MW) have won the contract to supply power at a cost of Rs 4.11 per unit.  In addition, the KPTCL decided on  Friday to import  one million tonnes of coal by inviting global  tenders, said P Ravi Kumar, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Energy.  

K Siddaraju, Director (Technical), Bescom, spoke of plans to purchase at least 1,000 MW of power  through the international exchange.  

The power outage  from Monday  to Wednesday had thrown many parts of the city  into darkness. Siddaraju insisted that there had been  no load-shedding since Wednesday. When asked about complaints of the power outage from some areas, he said: "These might be some cases of power cuts due to repair or restoration. But there has been no  load-shedding since Wednesday."  

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 0

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry