Pregnancy is an opportunity for a woman to discover her strength and flexibility. The experience of a natural birth can be challenging. But yoga and meditation have found to have positive effects on the birth process, helping the mommy-to-be deal well with stress, pain and exhaustion. The two together also have the ability to produce a higher quality of conception, a healthier maternal environment for pregnancy and a less painful birthing experience.
Regular practice of asanas in yoga, along with some simple cardiovascular exercises such as walking can:
*Boost energy, stamina and endurance
* Reduce physical and emotional tension and stress
*Transform anxiety and stress into beneficial energy
* Enhance confidence
* Improve posture, stability and balance
* Reduce the risk and need of medical intervention during delivery
* Have a positive impact on the development and growth of the foetus
* Assist in bringing into the world a child less-inhibited by stress and potential illness
* Get you back into shape quicker post-delivery
Yoga can help facilitate a gentle and uncomplicated delivery and make the whole experience a more joyful one.
Yoga has five vital tools for pregnancy. If followed with the help of an instructor, yoga can work wonders on your body during the nine months. Many yoga centres offer pre-natal and post-natal yoga classes.