ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Will visit Pakistan after action on 26/11: PM

Last Updated : 12 November 2011, 16:41 IST
Last Updated : 12 November 2011, 16:41 IST

Follow Us :

Comments

"Prime Minister Gilani has invited me to visit Pakistan everytime I have met him," Manmohan Singh told reporters on board his special flight while returning from the Maldives where he attended the SAARC summit and also held wide-ranging talks with Gilani.

"The right moment for my going to Pakistan would be when Pakistan will solid steps against the Mumbai terror attack accused in that country. "I would be happy to visit Pakistan but I haven't made up my mind yet," he said.

When Manmohan Singh met Gilani in the Maldives, the Pakistan leader  invited him to visit his country and reinforced this with an emotional appeal, requesting him to visit his birthplace in an area which is now in that country. "Pakistan's prime minister was very keen that the Indian prime minister should visit Pakistan," Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai told reporters here.

Manmohan Singh was born in Gah in undivided India, a village which is now located in Pakistan's Punjab priovince. If Manmohan Singh does visit Pakistan, it will be the first prime ministerial visit from India to that country since 2004 when Atal Bihari Vajpayee went there for the SAARC summit and held bilateral talks that led to the resumption of the dialogue process between the two countries.

ADVERTISEMENT
Published 12 November 2011, 16:41 IST

Deccan Herald is on WhatsApp Channels| Join now for Breaking News & Editor's Picks

Follow us on :

Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT