Garment showroom gutted by fire in Mangaluru

A readymade garment showroom was gutted by fire in Mangaluru on Thursday morning. DH photo.

A readymade garment retail showroom on G H S road in Mangaluru, was completely gutted in a major fire that engulfed two commercial complexes on Thursday.

The fire was first noticed at around 10 am and the fire station in Pandeshwar received the distress call at around 10.10 am. Fire department sources told DH that as many as three fire tenders, including one from Kadri fire station, were pressed to service.

As many as 27 fire personnel, in an hour-long operation, extinguished the blaze said District Range Fire Officer (RFO) G Thippeswamy. The groundfloor, which accommodates the readymade garment retail showroom, was completely gutted in the fire.

Private businesses on the first floor were also damaged, the officer said, adding, that the cause of the fire and total loss of property were yet to be ascertained.



 

Liked the story?

  • 0

    Happy
  • 0

    Amused
  • 2

    Sad
  • 0

    Frustrated
  • 0

    Angry

Comments:

Garment showroom gutted by fire in Mangaluru

0 comments

Write the first review for this !