Wife gives supari to kill husband to live with paramour

Wife gives supari to kill husband to live with paramour

Water delivery boy saves husband

The police have arrested a 28-year-old woman who gave ‘supari’ in December to a gang to kill her husband by faking a robbery so that she could live with her paramour.

The gang of four delivery boys barged into the house to kill the husband. But a vendor, who came to deliver drinking water, saved his life, the police said.

After a case of attempt to murder was registered, police investigations led to the arrest of Mamatha (28), who works as a sales girl at a medical store.

The Hulimavu police said that Mamata was married to Nagaraj (38), a painter, for 10 years, and lived in a rented house in Arakere.

Sources in the police said Mamata was not happy with her marriage and began having an affair with Prashanth, the landlord’s son, for the last two years.

A few months ago, Nagaraj suspected that his wife was having an affair and questioned her. Since then, the couple were having domestic disputes.

One day, Mamatha decided to get rid of her husband, so that she could live happily with Prashanth, the police said.

Prashanth worked as a delivery boy at an e-commerce company and asked his friends to kill Nagaraj.

Prashanth’s friends - Anil Biswas (21), Zakir Hussain (20), Hari Kumar (20) and a juvenile - were offered Rs 1.5 lakh as supari.

Since Prashanth did not have the cash to pay for the supari, Mamatha gave her ‘mangal sutra’ and four gold rings to the suspects.

On December 14, Nagaraj returned from work around 9.15 pm and was watching TV when the gang barged into the house and overpowered him, before robbing his gold chain and mobile phone.

While they attempted to strangle Nagaraj to death, Mani, a water delivery boy, arrived. He raised an alarm, and the gang fled the spot.

Detailed inquiry

Nagaraj headed to the Hulimavu police station and lodged a complaint. The police rushed to the spot and conducted a detailed inquiry and they found Mamatha’s behaviour to be very suspicious.

Though she was present at the house, the police realised that she did not attempt to resist the gang or raise an alarm. Sensing trouble, Mamatha, who left the house on the pretext of going to work, did not return while Nagaraj approached the police and filed a complaint.

While probing the case, the police confirmed Mamatha’s role in the attack after they verified her call record details.

Mamata and Prashanth were tracked to a hotel in Mumbai where they were arrested and brought back to the city. Based on their confession, the suspects were arrested and booked for robbery attempt, attempt to murder and conspiracy.