Thirty students of an engineering college in the City fell sick, reportedly due to food poisoning at Soladevanahalli on Tuesday afternoon.
The budding engineers began vomiting after having lunch, served as part of a farewell party thrown by first-year students at the Krishna Institute of Technology, Chikkabanavara. The party was catered to by a hotel on Modi Road, sources in the police force said.
The students developed vomiting sensation and felt giddiness as they ate rosagollas and pakodas, one of them, Aravind, told Deccan Herald. They were rushed to a nearby private hospital, where some of them were treated and discharged by evening. Around 15 students, however, were taken to Sapthagiri Hospital near Bagalagunte, where they are being treated at present. None of them is said to be in danger.
Soladevanahalli police have booked a case against hotel owner Prakash.